Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Death From Above 1979

The fucking band is CALLED "Death From Above 1979", the album didn't come out in 1979....actually it came out in 2004 or 2005 or something.....from Toronto Canada, they were a noisy sort of dance/punk act with some grungy riffs thrown in there, they made but one full length (the also made a handful of EP's that I don't have)...however, the on album they did have in them, "You're a Woman, I'm a Machine", is pretty damn good, I must say, just gave it a re-listen on this morning's commute, and it is not bad at all.....any of you Canadians (paging Mark E?) have any of the EP's? Or, do they (quite possibly) suck? All I know is I found this disc to my liking, perhaps my friend Anonymous has some clue as to the members' sexuality (he seems to worry a GREAT deal about this subject, and is of course always welcome to chime in with his evaluations of the various artists' level of masculinity. (He SAID he was going away, but seemed awfully interested in Marc Bolan's sexual preferences, frankly  something that 99% of people could give three shits about, in particular with Bolan being, you know, dead and all.)

Death From Above 1979 were Jesse Keeler on bass and vocals, and Sebastian Grainger on drums and vocals......the bass serves as the "lead" instrument as it often does in "pure noise" stuff like this, and it works well, very fine bass playing and drumming, often indecipherable lyrics; smooth as silk track transitions, and some really fine moments, really, such as "Blood on Our Hands", "Sexy Results", "Pull Out", and really most of it.....works well as an album as a whole, if you know what I mean....NOT NOT NOT for everyone, but maybe if you liked the Big Black stuff I put up a while back (this is tamer than that, by far), you may enjoy this.

You gotta love people, really, you do.......the comments I've been getting of late.....WHAT are they supposed to be accomplishing......I KNOW I don't provide artwork, tag all tracks, only use the bitrate I GOT the thing in, etc, etc, I KNOW THIS and point it OFTEN......I DO NOT CARE IF ANYONE ALIVE DOES NOT LIK THIS BLOG......really......certainly it's not for everyone. It's NOT supposed to be a "big time" blog like the marvelous work done by ChrisGoes, or the amazing "Twilight Zone".....and the reason, as I've stated so many times, is simple....I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT MUCH WORK......my drill is I think of a band or act that I think might be of interest to a handful of people.....I walk to my CD room (maybe 15-20 ft away), grab their discs, write some nonsense about them, check maybe Wikipedia for my facts, use I TUNES to upload the disc, THEN FUCKING FORGET ABOUT IT. That's it......that's ALL there is.....if you want artwork, go find it......if you want the tracks "tagged", great, do it yourself.......I am not about to change a fucking thing. If you don't like it, there are probably AT LEAST 1000 OTHER blogs out there that will suit your needs much more than this one.....I have NEVER, not onc, claimed that this blog was "good".......have I? Fuck no, I ADMITTEDLY say it's a minor league effort, generally thrown together when I'm half wasted.......it gave me something to do when I had my health issues, and it's fun for me to maybe hear a disc I haven't heard in a while and maybe share it with some folks who might like it......but if you don't like this blog, for WHATEVER the reason (you want artwork, or tags, or a different bitrte, or, the latest one, you think I "support the gay agenda" (the strangest one yet by a HUGE margin), PLEASE avail yourself of one of the infinite number of internet blogs which I WILL FREELY ADMIT are better than this one. I will sleep just fine at night, one way or the other......thanks to the kind people who DO appreciate what I am attempting to do here, but this is MUCH MORE addressed to the OTHER folks, who tell me regularly how much they dislike the blog, yet seem to turn up fairly regularly to comment on the reasons as to why........just seems to me there would be better places to spend your time, but, as always, EVERYONE is welcome here, even if it, by the creator's own admission, is FAR, FAR from the "best" blog on the web, and will NEVER BE CLOSE......one more time, the reason is I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT MUCH WORK!

YOU'RE A WOMAN, I'M A MACHINE-01 Turn It On/02 Romantic Rights/03 Going Steady/04 Go Home, Get Down/05 Blood on Our Hands/06 Black History Month/07 Little Girl/08 Cold War, Listen/09 You're a Woman, I'm a Machine/10 Pull Out/11 Sexy Results

See ya'll tomorrow......be back with something else WITHOUT artwork, without track tags (unless that's how it comes), and in whatever fucking bitrate I got it in....don't like it? Tough shit.

3 comments:

  1. http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/69464730/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bearded guy is not really that much masculine as he should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to put in my two cent BigScott and say I really appreciate your blog. I'm impressed with all the variety, and am glad I get to download something once in a while to see if I like something I've never heard of. I don't care what the bit rate is, or the format (but not FLAC- I haven't taken the time to figure that out yet) (but even if it is FLAC, oh well, I guess I won't DL that one). Anyway - thanks for taking your time to share your collection and knowledge. And thanks for all the work you put in to it.

    ReplyDelete