Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2017

Holy Shit! An update!



Hey, everybody. Brian here. Been awhile, huh?  Don't know how many remember me. I've been quiet blogging-wise the last 12 months or so. Just couldn't think up any interesting compilations, and frankly, given the pace of the posts here at GB, I didn't want cool links of mine just buried. 

Along those lines, contributors - if you're still around - thanks for everything, but we won't be taking any till Scott comes back. There were too many, in my opinion, and it just drowned this blog. [Enough stoner metal. Seriously] It's why I haven't checked back here in months, and when I did, I find Scott hasn't posted all summer. To my understanding, he's without a computer right now, so I'll steward things here for a little while.

A little over a year ago, I did some work cleaning up this blog, and I don't wanna see it die just yet. Also, different things have affected the blogosphere this year - Uploaded.net wiping a lot of its users, and the retiring of Willard. I don't know how many of you frequented the Wormholes blog, but it really was the ultimate place to go to find stuff! I found a home in his Reader's Links for many months, and was happy with the exposure. There were some cool things I found only there, and I wanna showcase some of them here when I have time. But it'll never be on his scale.

You want content? You want cool stuff you can't find anywhere else? Then bear with us. We're gonna get something together....

23 comments:

  1. Psyched to see you're getting back in the game! Really appreciate all the hard work that's gone into building and curating this site, and definitely will be checking back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian, GB's been on and off my blog list over the years, back on for the last year or so and interesting enough to keep checking the last few months Scott's been on hiatus. Happy to hear you'll be giving it a jumpstart. Willard's really was a wonderful place, but it seems to me maintaining a high traffic blog must suck up a lot of free time, so I can understand needing at some point to put it on pause or even cut the chord. I can't imagine what's coming, but looking forward...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI SCOTT!!!
    Good news... good Miles Davis to you!
    Honestly I'm counting the days for New KADAVAR
    and already rummaged new single of Snowy Dunes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GrowboredbigBrian? ? ??
    SCOTT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for my Humor... but never loved Dictators other Than The band. bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. doing a blogroll... I'm afraid to enter ChurchofZer ... IF I Found here too a Gospel fan/Miles-head I Must throw pc in trashcan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian i comprend that you can't command at your home... but Here? go at church... scouts... fish-club... Here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you picking up the torch and running with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always liked the "intellectual concept" of stoner rock rather than the music itself...glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're right that WAY too much stuff was getting posted and a lot of it was dreck. I guess one can argue that one could just ignore the stuff that wasn't of interest, but I thought that the blog lost a lot of its original personality in the last six months to a year of posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can enter one time a month and go listen Madonna on Spotify... I wanna some other guy blog too like brian only for opera... Maybe... My precious links amongst others... Cazzo che gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool, glad you're back. If you ever want any live jazz or anything, let me know. Scott had my email!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great - glad to see the blog back up and running. Thanks in advance for all the good shares - and even the duff ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a good audiophool choice Master!

    ReplyDelete
  15. True music sommelier who keeps afloat friends hobbies...he know true true truthful all... he will erase opposite thinkers... no doom.. no stoner... may yr daughter dilapidate soon all your $ for crack.k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to me, you Eurotrash FUCK... Don't talk about my dughter!

      I never said I hate stoner or doom; I just believe in variety... more so than you do.

      You keep this up, and I'll delete every fucking post you've done.

      You want that, Guido?

      Delete