Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

Cliff presents a Reggae Christmas

(Scott): another great holiday contribution from another of our regular contributors, listened to a portion of this one last night and thought it was really good, can't wait to hear the rest of it.......I'll personally try to get something together for a Christmas post this week!
---------------------------------------------
TROJAN CHRISTMAS BOX SET
At the outset I will state I am not a great one for Christmas. Living in the UK, as I do,  I have usually had my fill of the festive period being shoved down my throat by the beginning of December. But our main man Scott said he was going to put up some Christmas posts so I thought I may as well offer some Reggae versions,  although there are also a few Ska and Rocksteady numbers included in this 50 song, 3 disc set. I have to be honest I don’t feel that Reggae and Christmas songs are entirely compatible bed fellows and some of these tracks will have you either saying “what the fuck?” or rapidly reaching for the skip button. However there are some pretty decent tracks scattered among the 3 discs. Like I had to  though you will have to listen through the whole thing to find them, I’m not gonna tell yer. But one word of advice listening to this is done best in small batches, don’t try to listen to it all in one go; you have been warned.
Disc 1: 1. Wish You A Merry Christmas/Ahamaric Temple - Jacob Miller, Ray I 2. Jingle Bells - Don Carlos, Glenice Spencer 3. Santa Claus Is Ska-ing To Town - Granville Williams Orchestra 4. Santa Claus Never Comes To The Ghetto - Yellowman 5. Blue Christmas - John Holt 6. Ding Dong Bell - The Ethiopians 7. It's Christmas Time Again - Junior Brammer 8. All I Want For Ismas - Jacob Miller, Ray I 9. Silent Night - Pablo Black 10. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Johnny Clarke 11. Yellowman Rock - Yellowman 12. White Christmas - John Holt 13. Peace And Love (Little Drummer Boy) - Sonny Bradshaw Seven 14. Last Christmas - The Tamlins 15. The Twelve Days Of Christmas - Peter Broggs 16. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year - Lee "Scratch" Perry, Sandra Robinson  

Disc 2: 1. Lonely This Christmas - John Holt 2. African Christmas - Yellowman 3. Merry Merry Christmas - Alton Ellis, The Lipsticks 4. The Christmas Song - Beres Hammond 5. Happy Christmas - The Maytals 6. The Night Before Christmas - Eek-A-Mouse 7. On The Twelve Days Of Ismas - Jacob Miller 8. Merry Christmas - Frank Cosmo 9. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Holt 10. This Christmas - Yellowman 11. Christmas Day - Desmond Dekker, The Aces 12. Give Love On Christmas Day - The Tamlins 13. Christmas Tree - King Stitt 14. O Come All Ye Faithful - Freddie McGregor 15. Silver Bells (Natty No Santa Claus) - Jacob Miller, Ray I 16. Peace On Earth - Hopeton & Primo 17. When A Child Is Born - John Holt  


Disc 3:  1. We Wish You A Reggae Christmas - Yellowman 2. Drummer Boy - Michigan & Smiley 3. Merry Christmas - The Kingstonians 4. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Freddie McGregor 5. My Oh My - John Holt 6. Deck The Halls - Jacob Miller, Ray I 7. Breadfruit Roasting On An Open Fire - Yellowman 8. Joy To The World - June Lodge 9. Christmas Time Again - Reuben Anderson 10. White Christmas - The Tamlins 11. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - John Holt 12. Santa Claus Dub - The Aggrovators 13. Tis The Season (Deck The Halls) - Yellowman 14. Feliz Navidad - Freddie McGregor 15. Greetings From Beverley's - Frank Cosmo 16. Last Christmas - John Holt 17. C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S- The Rhythm Aces

No comments:

Post a Comment