Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2015

RIP Scott Weiland

I've been SO busy lately, trying to post stuff on my own (without guest help) has been difficult (once
again thanks to my guest-posters, you are the greatest)...... I wanted to get to this the other day when Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots passed away. Of course, this comes as no great shock, Scott had well documented drug problems for years...... still, I thought he was a decent vocalist from a decent band of the great buried grunge era, Stone Temple Pilots, to me, were not in the Nirvana/Pearl Jam level of bands that reinvigorated rock n roll in the 1990's, but they were no doubt the second string, if you get what I'm saying.......first two albums, "Core" and "Purple" were quite good.

Anyway, it'd be kind of redundant to post their commercial CD's here, obviously, I think, if you are a fan of them, likely you have them...... how I'd like to tribute Scott's contributions would be with a pretty fair boot, recorded at the House of Blues in Las Vegas, 5/13/00. STP were a band that for whatever reason I have never seen a whole lot of boots, this being the only one I have, should you have any, now would be a great time to share. This one, oddly, DOES NOT contain some of their better known tunes, notably "Creep" and a couple of others, but there are some good performances of "Plush", "Interstate Love Song", "Sex Type Thing", and others, as well as a lengthy, set ending cover of "Roadhouse Blues"..... sound is pretty fair, see what you think.

Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and now Scott Weiland....... great vocalists of the grunge era, whose music made my life a bit better, taken from us because they couldn't contain their demons....I know what it's like, and I'm not critical of them in the least....... rather, I am grateful that I got to "know" them a bit, and they left a mark of contribution upon MY life at least, and I assume upon the lives of many others.

RIP Scott, thanks for the music.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS 5/13/00 LAS VEGAS-01 Crackerman/02 Meat Plow/03 Vasoline/04 Tumble in the Rough/05 Big Empty/06 Kitchenware and Candybars/07 Sour Girl/08 Interstate Love Song/09 Plush/10 Trippin' On a Hole In a Paper Heart/11 Sex and Violence/12Down/13 Unglued/14 Dead and Bloated/15 Piece of Pie/16 Sex Type Thing/17 Roadhouse Blues

As I said before, if you have any other boots from STP, seems NOW would be a great time to share them...... thanks for reading/listening!

3 comments:

  1. http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/nYGqD03b/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon and early Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first picture is not Scott, but Chester Bennington of Linkin Park who briefly replaced Scott in 2013.
    Scott Weiland was an underrated, misunderstood but very gifted singer...I miss him.

    ReplyDelete