Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2016

A variety of stuff for your weekend....from me and some guesters!

Jon S. must sit up nights compiling all these mega-awesome huge posts..... today he throws me a curveball
worthy of vintage Bret Saberhagen with a band called Protomartyr...... I don't know them, he claims i "should", so lets take a look around for a bit of info......

OK, haven't listened yet, but sounds great....recent punk/post punk (from Detroit! always a good sign!)...the singer is compared to Ian Curtis and Mark E Smith, so how bad can this be? I know I'll be listening on Saturday...... please listen also and offer up comments, one thing we like to do here is EXPOSE LESSER KNOWN GOOD BANDS!
---------------------------------------------------

Do you know Protomartyr? If not, you should. 

No Passion All Technique

01 In My Sphere/02 Machinist Man/03 Hot Wheel City/04 Three Swallows/05 Free Supper/06 Jumbo's/07 Ypsilanti/08 Too Many Jewels/09 (Don't You) Call Me Out My Name/10 Feral Cats/11 How He Lived After He Died/12 Wine Of Ape/13 Principalities



Under Color of Official Right

01 Maidenhead/02 Ain't So Simple/03 Want Remover/04 Trust Me Billy/05 Pagans/06 What the Wall Said/07 Tarpeian Rock/08 Bad Advice/09 Son of Dis/10 Scum, Rise!/11 I Stare at Floors/12 Come & See/13 Violent/14 I'll Take That Applause


The Agent Intellect

01 The Devil in His Youth/02 Cowards Starve/03 I Forgive You/04 Boyce or Boice/05 Pontiac 87/06 Uncle Mother's/07 Dope Cloud/08 The Hermit/09 Clandestine Time/10 Why Does It Shake?/11 Ellen/12 Feast of Stephen



Ad Hoc Car Wash, Brooklyn NY 10/17/15

01 The Devil In His Youth/02 Cowards Starve/03 I Forgive You/04 Ain't So Simple/05 Want Remover/06 Scum, Rise!/07 Pontiac 87/08 The Hermit/09 Clandestine Time/10 Why Does It Shake?

2 comments:

  1. Its a awesome band thanx :) this and Institute are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please reupload the albums?
    Please.

    ReplyDelete