Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dear Johnny: A Tribute to Cash

Although I was never a huge fan of the music of Johnny Cash (although never really disliked it either, as I DO most country music), there's no debating he was a cool guy, covering Dylan back in the 60's and going as far as to cover Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden, among others later on......anyway, we just watched "Walk the Line" the other night (pretty good film) and I got to remembering I had this one buried in their somewhere....if I remember correctly I THINK it came out shortly after his death (2003? 2004?) and there are some interesting tracks on here......as I've stated before I often dislike tribute albums because they so often include copies so slavish that they may as well not have bothered, and there is a bit of that here, but most of these bands at least TRY to put a personal touch on these tracks........give it a try and see what you think, I think it's a listenable experience.

DEAR JOHNNY: A TRIBUTE TO CASH-01 DALE WATSON-Guess Things Happen That Way/02 SCOTCH GREENS-There You Go/03 SUPERSUCKERS-Mean-Eyed Cat/04 STEVIE TOMBSTONE-Folsom Prison Blues/05 DEADBOLT-Orange Blossom Special/06 BEVERLY KILLBILLIES-Wanted Man/07 KINGS OF NUTHIN'-Cry Cry Cry/08 FLAMETRICK SUBS-Dirty Old Egg Suckin' Dog/09 BASTARD SONS OF JOHNNY CASH-Long Black Veil/10 JESSE DAYTON-Doin' My Time/11 CONCOMBRE ZOMBI-Flesh and Blood/12 12 STEP REBELS-Della's Gone/13 SATAN'S TEARDROPS-I Got Stripes/14 LOS CREEPERS-Wreck of the old 97/15 EDDIE SPAGHETTI-peace In the Valley/16 TODD STEDMAN-Hey Porter/17 SPEEDBUGGY-Drive On/18 HOT ROD LINCOLN-I Walk the Line/19 SOUTH AUSTIN ALL STARS-The Man In Black









2 comments:

  1. http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/zHiTGMgN/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny is much more than simply country music. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete