Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Busboys

I've been looking for this gem for quite a while, had a vinyl copy many years ago and, to be honest, wasn't even sure I've ever seen it on CD.... thanks to John N, I finally got a link for 1980's The Busboys "Minimum Wage Rock n Roll"..... loved it back then, still a wonderful album today..... this band came along a bit before Living Color (in the small genre of African American hard rock), and, I think, FAR superior.......

The Busboys were Brian ONeal on keyboards/vocals, Kevin O'Neal on bass/vocals, Mike Jones on keyboards/vocals, Steve Felix on drums, singer Gus Louderman, and guitar-whiz Vic Johnson.... good, cracking hard rock n roll, great songs, great humorous non-politically correct lyrics...... loved this album and really glad to hear it once again!

This is a winner and has always been kind of hard to locate, so thanks to John N for the hookup! Not going into a lot of detail here, this album is a must-hear early 1980's forgotten classic! You want to hear this if you haven't!

MINIMUM WAGE ROCK N ROLL-01 Dr. Doctor/ 02 Minimum Wage/ 03 Did You See Me?/ 04 There Goes the Neighborhood/ 05 Johnny Soul'd Out/ 06 KKK/ 07 Angie/ 08 D-Day/ 09 Tell the Coach/ 10 We Stand United/ 11 Respect

Again, I can't emphasize enough what a great album this is.... you REALLY want this one if you are uninitiated........

7 comments:

  1. http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/LO8JYyJl/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this CD...now if I could get the follow-up "American Worker... Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this one as well! However, zippyshare says the file is deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked the link and it seems fine....it's had several downloads.....I'll investigate a bit more, check back later, but right now the link seems to work fine on my computer at least. Thanks for telling me, we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it! It must have been something on my end. Thanks Big Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a live show I digitized from a BBC Rock Hour disc up in the past month archives at Voodoo Wagon. It's got some unreleased songs on it and the vinyl cleaned up quite nicely. Thanks for this one; I still have the vinyl version but this will save me the time of digitizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a live show I digitized from a BBC Rock Hour disc up in the past month archives at Voodoo Wagon. It's got some unreleased songs on it and the vinyl cleaned up quite nicely. Thanks for this one; I still have the vinyl version but this will save me the time of digitizing it!

    ReplyDelete