Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Doors, Part 22 of Many......

See, when I said "many" I wasn't bullshitting, there is still a ton of shit left in this file for me to put out
there.....I've laid off the Doors for a while, but I would like to get it over with at some point, so I guess I better get back in gear. Believe it or not, we have yet another four disc box set, crammed with stuff we haven't posted yet (trust me, I eliminated the stuff that would be 100% repeats), so here, with brief explanations, is the 1997 box set, creatively entitled "1997 Box Set":

Disc 1 has tons of shit that I, at least had never heard, it's stacked with demos, live shit, alternate takes, all the usual stuff......honestly, I don't think I've heard more than a track or two off of this before, some really (I think) rare material.......

The second disc is a live set from New York, I apologize if it's one of the sets I've already put up, but I really don't feel like checking at the moment. I listened to it, not a bad one at all, and since I know that a handful of you ARE Doors-fanatics, perhaps this may be a new one on you as well.

Disc number 3 contains a mish mash of live tracks and stuff, some of which I know we HAVE heard before, but I think (not certain) that this is the first time I've heard their version of Leon Russell's "Tightrope Ride".

And the final disc is your standard "greatest hits" kind of thing, I should have probably left this one off, but hell, there MIGHT be something on there that is unique, again, I'm too bored to xcheck.

Anyway, The Doors are back! Enjoy, because there ARE several more parts for you to absorb.......just bide your time until I can get John N's magnificent Electric Orange submission all ready, it's going to be great, but it is so enormous it is taking me a little time to get it ready (thanks for helping me with that Brian!)

DISC 1 WITHOUT A SAFTEY NET-01 Five to One (Live)/02 Queen of the Highway (alternate version)/03 Hyacinth House (demo)/04 My Eyes Have Seen You (demo)/05 Who Scared You/06  Black Train Song (live)/07 End of the Night (demo)/08 Whiskey, Mystics, and Men/09 I Will Never Be Untrue (live)/10 Moonlight Drive (demo)/11 Moonlight Drive (Sunset Sound)/12 Rock Is Dead/13 Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor

DISC 2 LIVE IN NEW YORK-01 Roadhouse Blues/02 Ship Of Fools/03 Peace Frog/04 Blue Sunday/05
The Celebration of the Lizard/06 Gloria/07 Crawling King Snake/08 Money/09 Poontang Blues/10 The End

DISC 3 THE FUTURE AINT WHAT IT USED TO BE-01 Hello to the Cities (live)/02 Break on Through (live)/03 Rock Me (live)/04 Money (live)/05 Someday Soon (live)/06 Go Insane (demo)/07 Mental Floss (live)/08 Summer's Almost Gone (demo)/09 Adolph Hitler (live)/10 Hello I Love You (demo)/11 The Crystal Ship (live)/12 I Can't See Your Face In My Mind/13 The Soft Parade (live)/14 Tightrope Ride/15 Orange County Suite

DISC 4-01 BAND FAVORITES-01 Light My Fire/02 Peace Frog/03 Wishful Sinful/04 Take it As It Comes/05 LA Woman/06 I Can't See Your Face In My Mind/07 Land Ho!/08 Yes the River Knows/09 Shaman's Blues/10 You're Lost Little Girl/11 Love Me Two Times/12 When the Music's Over/13 The Unknown Soldier/14 Wild Child/15 Riders on the Storm

3 comments:

  1. D1
    http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/mItIvsmC/file.html

    D2
    http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/hs2BjYq6/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. D3
    http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/J8iMe8qj/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. D4
    http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/Bg22eReo/file.html

    ReplyDelete