Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2017

Cliff Notes Part 2

(scott) As noted before, Cliff's latest great reggae share is a big one, so I've split it in three parts (with
his blessing, of course)....this being the second.....I think I might have posted some of these before, but I think I might have gotten confused as to how many discs comprise the set, or something.....I know Cliff knows his shit, so I will vouch for completeness this time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(cliff) I seem to recall that sometime last year our main man Scott posted a few discs of reggae cover versions of Beatles songs.  Since that time I'ave always meant to post this 3 disc Trojan Box Set but for some reason or another, probably old age forgetfulness, I have never got round to it.  Reggae acts have never been slow to turn out reggae versions of songs from other genres and this shows that the Beatles sounds were no different for them. Alongside the typical Beatles songs are a number of John Paul and George's solo efforts although Ringo appears to be ignored.  As with cover versions sometimes they can be a bit hit and miss but on the whole this set is generally enjoyable, worth a listen anyway if only for curio value.

1-1–Glen AdamsI Wanna Hold Your Hand
1-2–Pat KellyA Hard Day's Night
1-3–Byron Lee And The DragonairesAnd I Love Her
1-4–The Now GenerationYou Never Know (I'll Be Back)
1-5–Joe WhiteYesterday
1-6–The Flame All StarsYesterday
1-7–Willie LindoNorwegian Wood (aka A Darker Shade Of Black)
1-8–Ernest RanglinYou Won't See Me
1-9–Ernie SmithYou Won't See Me
1-10–Joe WhiteIf I Needed Someone
1-11–B.B. SeatonNo Eleanor Rigby
1-12–Don Carlos (2)Hello Goodbye
1-13–The CrystalitesLady Madonna
1-14–John HoltHey Jude
1-15–The DynamitesHey Jude
1-16–Ken LazarusOb La Di Ob La Da
1-17–Rosalyn Sweat* & The ParagonsBlackbird (Singing)
2-1–John HoltI Will
2-2–Anonymously YoursGet Back
2-3–Marcia GriffithsDon't Let Me Down
2-4–Harry J. All StarsDon't Let Me Down
2-5–The MaytalsGive Peace A Chance
2-6–The Blues BustersSomething
2-7–Sharon ForresterHere Comes The Sun
2-8–Dobby DobsonCarry That Weight
2-9–Nicky ThomasLet It Be
2-10–The Upsetters Feat. The SoulettesLet It Be
2-11–Keith Lynn & The S.P.M'sMy Sweet Lord
2-12–John HoltHappy Xmas (War Is Over)
2-13–Ken BootheMy Love
2-14–Byron Lee & The Dragonaires*Live And Let Die
2-15–The TechniquesWorld Without Love
2-16–King Kouchi & The TechniquesShow Me Your Motion (World Without Love Version)
2-17–Ken LazarusCome And Get It
3-1–The Black BeatlesReggae And Shout (Twist And Shout)
3-2–Alton EllisAnd I Love Her
3-3–Dandy*Yesterday
3-4–Jackie Robinson (2)In My Life
3-5–The Pioneer All StarsIn My Life Dub
3-6–Rico & The Rudies (aka Joe's All Stars)*Hey Jude
3-7–Joyce BondOb La Di Ob La Da
3-8–Desmond DekkerBlackbird (Singing)
3-9–The IsraelitesCome Together
3-10–Susan CadoganSomething
3-11–Dawn PennHere Comes The Sun
3-12–Nicky ThomasIsn't It A Pity
3-13–The RudiesMy Sweet Lord
3-14–T.T. RossImagine
3-15–Del DavisA World Without Love
3-16–Johnny Arthey OrchestraA World Without Love

DISC 1 LINK: http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/vbS3HqlB/file.html


DISC 2 LINK:
http://www102.zippyshare.com/v/XKVRBSLT/file.html

DISC 3 LINK:
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/xrNfiuZi/file.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott, Can you Please re-post the first link to the Reggae Beatles set?...It won't copy....Thank You, Skip

    ReplyDelete