Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2016

CSS (Cansei De Ser Sexy)

Here's another one that popped up on my IPod during my hectic work day the other day, haven't heard
THIS one in quite a while....from 2005, Brazil, comes this quite amusing album ("Cansei De Ser Sexy") from indie-electro rockers CSS.... somewhat like an expanded Chicks On Speed being fronted by Peaches (and, yes, C.O.S. did collaborate with Peaches on a track once),  CSS were: vocalist Lovefoxxx, multi-instrumentalist Adriana Cintra, multi-instrumentalist Carolina Parra, guitarist Ana Rezzende, guitarist Luiza Sa, bassist Iracema Trevison, keyboardist Maria Helena Zerba, and backing vocalist Clara Ribiero... I think I got em all, they appear in various combinations on different tracks, the centerpiece being the vocals of Lovefoxxx.

Please don't leave your sense of humor at home, as I find this album quite hilarious, as well as quite listenable. "Let's make Love and Listen to Death From Above", "Fuckoff Is Not the Only Thing You Have to Show", "Meeting Paris Hilton" (not that positive of an experience, apparently), and my fave "Art Bitch" ("Lick my art tit, suck my art hole" (?!?)) give you an idea of what you are in for here. Actually this was one of my top twenty albums of 2005, and I have forgotten all about it until yesterday.

The followup, "Donkey", is imo not nearly as good, as a good bit of the novelty had worn off. "Rat Is Dead (Rage)" and "Left Behind" aren't bad, but nothing here is as good as anything on "Cansei De Ser Sexy".....as far as I can determine they made a couple of other albums that I haven't heard, but I kind of get the felling that this is a one album wonder all the way. Could be wrong but certainly fit the mold.

CANSEI DE SER SEXY-01 CSS Suxxxx/ 02 Patins/ 03 Alala/ 04 Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above/ 05 Art Bitch/ 06 Fuckoff Is Not the Only Thing You Have to Show/ 07 Meeting Paris Hilton/ 08 Off the Hook/ 09 Alcohol/ 10 Music is My Hot, Hot Sex/ 11 This Month, Day 10

DONKEY-01 Jager Yoda/ 02 Rat Is Dead (Rage)/ 03 Let's Reggae All Night/ 04 Give Up/ 05 Left Behind/ 06 Beautiful Song/ 07 How I Became Paranoid/ 08 Move/ 09 I Fly/ 10 Believe Achieve/ 11 Air Painter/ 12 Hollywood/ 13 I Wanna Be Your J Lo/ 14 So lora, So Burra (Disk Putas)

1 comment:

  1. CANSEI
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/QOg0Wo0x/file.html

    DONKEY
    http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/HnrvBr8g/file.html

    ReplyDelete