Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Let us talk for a minute

Ok, let us discuss the current situation.......the blog, which,
incidentally, has had 106 posts thus far in June, has been temporarilly, somewhat, sabotaged...... I will go into full detail, as best as I need to.

As some of you may know, myself and my wife of 30 years,  have been having big marital problems for the last few months.....I'm not going to assign blame, there is plenty of that for all, but here is how it relates to this blog.......I came home from work Thursday night and found that she had removed half of our furniture.... ok, boy your problem, but she had also shut off my Internet service..... not that big a deal, either, I will get hooked up again sometime during the week, for now, though, all I can use is my tablet from work, and, as all of my music files are either on cd or on the hard drive of my pc, I'm kind of screwed as to posting.... the only option I have, for a few days, is to use guest submissions, which must me converted to zippy in most cases.... if anyone wishes to volunteer to help, please contact me at csgmiller@sbcglobal.net and I will tell you what I need..... not much, really, my great all star blogging team submits plenty of stuff, and, with help, I could continue to post until I get  new WI fi.........

I have NOT abandoned you, nor would I ever.... this blog is important to ME, it is my "legacy", so to speak..... it crushes me that I have not been able to share, even for a few days......my personal life is out of control, and all I had left, to give me purpose and enjoyment, was this blog, which, trust me, I DO care about....... a lot, in fact, why? Not sure, really, but to me it's like a "contribution" to the lives of some great people I will never meet.. you will never understand, but over the last couple of months, it has given me a reason to keep on going.

OK it will just be a few days, but, I feel I owe the people who follow me/this blog an explanation.......I LOVE YOU, really, I do, you mean much more to me than I do to you.......there is still TONS more stuff I plan to share with you, not to mention my all star team of helpers (god I hope I don't forget someone), brian, Jon s, John n, studkid, jonder, jose, apantabapanta, MD milner, and I KNOW I have forgotten someone, and I'm sorry..... these are the folks who have made this blog what it has become.

Anyway, I will be back to regular posting later in the week, I hope at least....... if you wish to help me with guest-post submissions, email me at the address mentioned before, OR phone me at 937 906 9022, and I will tell you what you can do to help. I guess I am rambling a bit too much, as I said, I hope to be back later this week, but I feel bad...... damn, man, this blog is ducking IMPORTANT to me..... that's why I feel this explanation is in order.

OK that's enough for now...... if you wish to help until I am back up, contact me...... I just want you all to know that I DO love you, and in a million years you will never understand what you all mean to me.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks, Scott, but you don't owe us anything. With all the unpredictability in your life now, please look after yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was all very beautifully said, Scott. You've given so much amazing stuff to us over the years, and we all really appreciate it. Don't worry. Take care of yourself, and your situation. I've been there, and I know that shit is not easy. Focus on getting through this chapter of your life. Best of luck to you. We'll all still be here whenever you're up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take all the time you need. We thank you for all you've given to us over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys but what I REALLY need is someone who can covert links for me.....if someone could, we could nearly continue this thing without anyone even noticing much diff......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't add much to the above - sorry that things are not going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't add much to the above - sorry that things are not going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there man. Thank you for your thoughtful and fascinating posts. I appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know what I'd do in terms of discovering new tunes without you, man. Hope your situation improves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No rush - I am sure we all appreciate everything you share. Can't begin to list all the new bands that I have got into thanks to you and the other people that submit stuff. Hope you sort out your personal situation but concentrate on yourself. All the best. SteveO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will do whatever I can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to you & yours. May things improve quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seems like as good a time as any to post a mix that I made with Scott and Brian in mind (as well as my own messy life). I love Elliott Smith and Nick Drake's music for commiserating with you when you are feeling down, but music also has the power to lift your spirits. Some of these songs have a message of encouragement, others are just fun and upbeat. All of them are personal favorites that raise the hair on the back of my neck, or a lump in my throat. YMMV, but I hope you (the reader) find something to enjoy. I borrowed the mix title from the name of the first Thelonious Monster album: "Baby, You're Bumming My Life Out In A Supreme Fashion".

    THELONIOUS MONSTER - Try/ REDD KROSS - Where I Am Today/ LITTLE FEAT - All That You Dream/ FUTURE CLOUDS & RADAR - You Will Be Loved/ STAPLE SINGERS - Respect Yourself/ VAN MORRISON - Satisfied/ AL GREEN - Rhymes/ BOBBY CHARLES - I Must Be In A Good Place Now/ THE 3D'S - Beautiful Things/ TRANSLATOR - Un-Alone/ EDDIE & THE HOT RODS - Do Anything You Want To Do/ THE WEDDING PRESENT - Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah/ DANANANANAYKROYD - Some Dresses/ dEUS - Suds & Soda/ NRBQ - Me And The Boys/ THE DETROIT COBRAS - Hey Sailor/ RICHARD THOMPSON - I Feel So Good/ THE FIGGS - Jumping Again/ THE EMBARRASSMENT - Drive Me To The Park/ THE DISMEMBERMENT PLAN - You Are Invited

    LINK: tinyurl.com/zpyhsdd

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I could help BigMan. I hope things quickly calm down but know this: You'll end up better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, hang in there, I've been through the angry wife/divorce thing minus the furniture theft but Ya gotta be strong. I have been such a fan and so grateful for all your hard work and great taste, so hang tough, time and bourbon cures all woes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just read this post - hope things are getting better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just read this post - hope things are getting better for you!

    ReplyDelete