Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2016

An unexpected collaboration from first-time contributor Eric Impakt!


Eric writes, “I'm a huge fan of the blogsite, love the music i find on here. It has gotten me into a lot of great bands and helped me find stuff i wanted anyway. I sometimes grab live concerts from SugarMegs.org but hate how they download as one long track. So on my own I use MixPad and fix the volume and track out each song. I'd like to contribute one I've just finished for your blog and hopefully some more in the future.”


"Being a fan of the re-emerging Psychedelic scene, I love the new collaboration of Les Claypool and Sean Lennon, The Claypool Lennon Delirium. The group is currently on tour and this is a live show I've tracked and cleaned up from SugarMegs originally."

Eric has done a great job with this one! His work will be appreciated by anyone who has gone through the laborious process of taking a concert recording and splitting it into individual tracks, fixing the volume, identifying and tagging each song, etc.  And who would have imagined Sean Lennon and Primus bass virtuoso Les Claypool making music together?  They have an album out called The Monolith of Probos, and they are on tour through October.  Here are the details on this live set from Eric Impakt:
"Recorded at the Crossroads Club Kansas City on 6/06/16. It's a great show featuring some awesome covers as well. Here's the set list and ENJOY!”  

The Cricket And The Genie Movements I & II
Breath Of A Salesman
The Monolith Of Probos
The Cosmic Highway (Frog Brigade)
Bubbles Burst
Mr. Wright
Boomerang Baby
Ohmerica
Oxycontin Girl
Astronomy Domine (Pink Floyd)
Captain Lariat
Tomorrow Never Knows (Beatles cover – Amazing!)
Southbound Pachyderm (Primus encore)

Welcome to the crew, Eric.  Hit us up with more good stuff soon!

3 comments:

  1. The Claypool Lennon Delirium live in KC:

    http://www106.zippyshare.com/v/5QXRFPRO/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm Sugarmegs. delicious. Thanks as always, Scott and Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check this out just because it's KC.
    -James

    ReplyDelete