Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2016

The Steppes

(Scott) So, now, let's get back to a regular contributor, Studboy, whom of late has had one badass submission after another.... today, he's gonna get all tricky and send me a band I don't know, The Steppes, BUT I will be checking them out as I trust this guys taste...... since I know so little, I provide his email description:
---------------------------------

In the days raiding Vinylshops in Copenhagen in the  late 80' early 90s, I found a record with a really ugly cover. The Steppes - Stewdio, cover and name of the album intrigued me to buy it. At home the LP went on the player, first number sounded like lost Beatles tune, the next sounded like ....I realised this LP combined almost everything from the 60' into one record. 


The Steppes' influences include: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Kinks, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Neil Young, Donovan, Chicago Chess Records blues, Vivaldi, Handel, Irish folk music, and loads more

Here's the album I have





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLY looking forward to these, sounds great........ I'm rushing so I haven't checked the links yet, I hope they are good because I want to hear them tonight........ thanks Studboy, and thanks for your other post (see next post) as well!

HERE IS A GOOD BIO I FOUND ON THEM, PRETTY INTERESTING AND QUITE THOROUGH!

http://www.irishrock.org/irodb/bands/steppes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment