Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Screamers

A fairly obscure punk combo from the late 70's, John N sends us a batch of demos and live tracks......quite
a good band,I always thought, and these scraps/odd/sends/ bear that out.......pretty fab stuff here, not the kind of stuff that turns up everyday on locales such as this one........see what you think, if there is a lot of enthusiasm, I'll break out some more Screamers, some may find it worthwhile, I do.....

1977-1979 IN A BETTER WORLD (LIVE/DEMOS) (Disc 1)-01 Vertigo/02 The Beat Goes On/03 Magazine Love/04 Government Love Affair (Don't Be a Whore)/05 I Wanna Hurt/06 Peer Pressure/07 If I Can't Have What I Want, I Don't Want Anything/08 Punish or Be Damned/09 It's a Violent World/10 I'll Go Steady/11 Matar Delores /12 I'm a Mensch/13 the Scream/14 Need A Head On/15 122 Hours of Fear/16 Vertigo/17 Last 4 Digits/18 Magazine Love/19 The Beat Goes On/20 Punish or be Damned/21 In a Better World

1977-1979 IN A BETTER WORLD (LIVE/DEMOS) (DISC 2)-01 The Beat Goes On/02 In a Better World/03 Punish or Be Damned/04 If I Can't Have What I Want, I Don't Want Anything/05 Go Guy/06 Magazine Love/07 Vertigo/08 Sex Boy/09 Violent World/10 Roxy Radio Spot/11 Need a Head on-The Scream/12 Eva Braun/13 122 Hours of Fear/14 Matar Delores/15 Through the Flames/16 magazine Love/17 Vertigo/18 Sex Boy/19  If I Can't Have What I Want, I Don't Want Anything


LIVE AT THE ELKS LODGE 2/24/78-01 Test/Violent World/02 I'm Going Steady/03 Punish or Be Damned//04 Vertigo/05 Peer Pressure/06 Violent World

Got more from these dudes, let me know if there is a demand for more!

10 comments:

  1. live elks
    http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/Ambp6bMT/file.html

    better d1
    http://www102.zippyshare.com/v/LEYKLbNa/file.html


    better d2
    http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/yv2yW5Sw/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, the live video footage is where it's at!! If only they would of recorded a proper album. I read somewhere that Devo wanted to take the Screamers on tour but they turned it down, not sure why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Screamers (and saw them a bunch of times back in the day). Please do post some more!

    Crab Devil

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, not sure what's going on. i've checked for two or three days and no communication from your end. wasn't i supposed to get a password? in checking warfrat tales post STILL will not work. post is still there saying it won't work. are you there? should i communicate on the e-mail address you left? please advise me. you should have e-mail address i sent you with a message. r. keith noble

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scott I left a comment (the 2nd) to say thanks and please post more as my mate is a big fan...but it seems to have disappeared!. all the best phil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I've never seen these before....I also saw the band (once only) and loved them. Sounded great, intense energy.....and one of the best rock and roll t-shirts I've ever owned (by now probably long thrown out by the ex-GF I gave it to).

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude THEscreamers numba one big time all-star Fan 4-death do i part! Post MORE! PLZ"

    ReplyDelete